Here we are again with the top mobile weekly news. In our weekly post we collect the most interesting news and rumors in the mobile marketing industry.
Happy Mobile reading and, as always, feel free to share your thoughts.
- Most Popular Mobile Metrics: What metrics marketers use to evaluate a mobile campaign? According to the latest edition of Chief Marketer’s Annual Mobile Marketing Survey, clickthroughs (58%), mobile traffic(43%), messaging(28%) and ad impressions(27%) are the top mobile metrics that marketers us to gauge the impact of a mobile campaign.
- RIM Opens Blackberry 10 OS: In an effort to survive in an aggressive mobile environment, the Canadian firm decided to open its operating system BlackBerry 10 to mobile device management (MDM) companies like Citrix and IBM. Obviously RIM aims to shape its position in the next hot market – the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Mobile Traffic Leaders: Based on a recent report from Sandvine, Facebook and Youtube dominate mobile traffic in South America with 17,26% and 14,75% respectively. Indeed social media and visualization (images, videos) play a vital role for an effective mobile campaign.
(Thanks to the statista team for letting us use their chart!)
- Consolidation In Progress: A new acquisition was announced earlier today in mobile advertising market, PubMatic, the programmatic advertising platform company announced that it acquired Mocean Mobile (Mojiva’s sister company).
- MMA rebranded: MMA (Mobile Marketing Association) the world’s leading global non-profit trade association comprised of more than 800 member companies, re-branded and announced MMA global Chair John Costello of Dunkin’ Brands! Check MMA relaunch video.
- WeChat has 396 million monthly active users and keeps growing fast.
- Smartphones and tablets combined to account for 66% of all email opens.
- Mobile devices account for 72% of real-time video plays.
- Is Emu the next OTT player? Emu is a new messaging application that based on an intelligence algorithm that understands the context of messages and allows user to set reminders, share location buy tickets etc. Emu iOS application is now exiting beta version and is available for free download on iTunes. Check how application works: