In last week’s “Top Mobile News” we anticipated news for Whatsapp and 3 days after our post Facebook announced that acquires the messaging company. Inevitable this acquisition triggered numerous discussions in the mobile industry but in the weekly roundup “Top Mobile News” we present you some of the most interesting news in the mobile world.
Happy mobile reading!
- An advertiser with the largest reach: InMobi is constantly growing on active users and reach, claiming to now have over 759 million active users. that makes the mobile advertising company the second largest consumer targeted medium, only second to Facebook.
- And the winner is….: Snapchat awarded as the best mobile application in the 7th Annual Crunchies Award show. Check the whole list of Crunchies Winners.
- Facebook acquires Whatsapp: A messaging consolidation just started while marketers are still wondering about the next step of the social media giant. Is the messaging app able to change the poorly executed Facebook strategy? In the meantime WhatsApp will add voice communication by summer. Stay tune some interesting post coming in MobileMarketingstand
- Mobile payments via social media: KLM is soaring on social media and recently launched a social media based service that allows customers to make seat reservations, book flights, request excess baggage tags etc and pay for all of them using their Twitter or Facebook accounts.
- Citrix research: In their research, Citrix found that consumers believe mobile ads do not count against data quotas.
- Gemini the Yahoo answer: Yahoo keeps investing on the mobile platform aiming to increase its mobile advertising share. Gemini is Yahoo platform that combines mobile search and native advertising into a single marketplace. Yahoo is gradually moving to the right direction. Share price proves it.
- Candy Crush Sage to raise $500 million : The King, the gaming company behind Candy Crush and several other big mobile games has filled its initial IPO papers to go public on the New York Exchange. The company with over 1 billion daily users and 500 million installs on mobile devices aims to raise more around $500 million. Remember Zynga and think about Rovio!
Have a great week! 😉
Feel free to share your thoughts, comments or news!
Categories: Weekly News